Re: Multiple ASM instances on the same box

  • From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 21:42:40 +0100

Mark,

I'm sure, it IS supported, as long as you do not run in a cluster.
and there are no undocummented parameters. just use unique DB_UNIQUE_NAME to avoid ORA-15150.
(just to clarify)
but I'm with you, I will NOT recommend more than 1 ASM on a node.

br
 Martin

Am 20.11.2009 um 17:43 schrieb Bobak, Mark:

It is possible, but not supported. There are some undocumented
parameters involved. But, you shouldn't have to. Both clusterware and
ASM are backward compatible. Just run 11g clusterware and 11g ASM, and
you should be fine running 10gR2 and 11g databases. And, it's fully
supported.