Re: Multi-instances cluster and ASM max lun numbers

  • From: goran bogdanovic <goran00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: s.cislaghi@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 22:03:58 +0200

As you stated, if your cluster can't sustain the load in case of one node
goes down it's for me questionable purpose of this solution.
Back to your questions related to DiskGroups, depending on your back-end
storage you could have different possibilities ... of course under
consideration that storage can sustain your I/O requirements.
Under assumption that storage fulfil your I/O requirements, I would first
try putting everything on the one DiskGroup per DATA/FRA. DG consist of
'many' LUN's (with multipaths) defined with normal or even high redundancy
(if you want to play safe in case of LUN problems).
But again, the solution will depend of your I/O requirements and storage
capabilities.