MultiMaster Replication

  • From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 07:19:13 -0700 (PDT)

I've been reading up on multimaster replication and had a few questions.

1. After the multimaster replication setup there needs to be a  master
definition site.  if the communication breaks between 2 sites  will we have to
change the master definition site.

2.  the tables the i'm trying to replicate have sequences that i need to
transform to sequences  on the other side.

oracle seems to say its possbile  but i cant find an example.

If anyone on the list has had  experience with multimaster. if they could drop
me an email and we could chat a little bit offline  that would be really great.