RE: Moving to RAC`

  • From: "Hameed, Amir" <Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "veeeraman@xxxxxxxxx" <veeeraman@xxxxxxxxx>, ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 19:48:34 +0000

The normal practice is that the business provides requirements and IT shops map
those requirements to technologies that would best suit the needs of the
business. For a business to tell the IT shop that it needs RAC seems to mean
that the vendor’s sales people have done a good job in selling their technology
to the business and the business did not bother to include its technologists in
those conversations with the sales people. This happens a lot btw.
Also, 11g is nearing EOL in terms of support and therefore, you should look
into moving to 12c.