Re: Moving LOB's from tablespace to tablespace

  • From: Rodd Holman <rodd.holman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 10:04:57 -0500

Add the "update indexes" statement to the end of your alter table move command and Oracle will automatically fix the unusable indexes. I do this all the time works like a charm. It adds some time to your move command, but you're going to spend that time manually rebuilding the indexes anyway,.

--Rodd
Ric Van Dyke wrote:

That seems expected to me, you just MOVED all the data, the indexes will have to be rebuild to point at the new location of all the LOBs.

Ric Van Dyke

Hotsos Enterprises

*From:* oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] *On Behalf Of *lyallbarbour@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ** So, i had to move some LOB's from tablespace to different tablespace using the ALTER TABLE command. Thing is, after i did this, a bunch of indexes became UNUSABLE. Also, these indexes weren't on the LOB's... Anyone know what i did wrong? Or what happened?