Re: Move to new hardware and upgrade o/s

  • From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: k3nnyp@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 21:37:57 +0200

In case you even want to scope with the time DNS needs to synchronize you
can
* make sure local_listener of the new DB points to the IP of your local
listeners
* add the IP(s) of the old listeners to remote_listener of the new DB
* of course ensure the same service names are used
* beware of all additional features/limitations after COST was discovered/
implemented (
https://blogs.oracle.com/security/entry/security_alert_for_cve_2012 )

by these steps the new instances register (also) to the old listeners
(which are still accessed by "old" DNS entries) - but those redirect the
client to the new IPs.

maybe this helps,
 Martin