Re: More on dbms_stats

  • From: "Michael McMullen" <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:14:32 -0400

Anybody ever do the "analyze once and forget about it" I have moved to this
because of posts like this. I was having too many problems with query
performance when analyzing after every load (seems especially troublesome
with bitmap indexes and partitioned tables). Some of my tables have > 100
million records and I have to wonder if 100 million records or 110 million
records makes much difference to the optimizer.

Mike