RE: More on Subquery Madness

  • From: "Justin Cave" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:25:50 -0600

Reading Date's two replies, it seems that he reaches the opposite conclusion
in the later discussion-- SQL is unable to express certain relational
algebra concepts properly-- than he did originally-- Oracle's optimizer is
behaving incorrectly.  I don't see him say that he has changed his mind,
though...  Am I missing some subtlety here?

Justin Cave
Distributed Database Consulting, Inc.
http://www.ddbcinc.com/askDDBC