Re: More on Oracle Support

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Alex Gorbachev <ag@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 00:03:43 +0800

That used to be an option  but I believe it stopped a few years ago.

http://www.oracle.com/corporate/pricing/technology-price-list.pdf

lists "Software Update Licence & Support"  as a consolidated item.
Incident Server is still available, in packs of 10, irrespective of the
nature of call you make to Oracle Support.

Hemant K Chitale

http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com

"There is more to life than increasing its speed."
Mohandas Gandhi Quotes : http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mohandas_gandhi.html

At 11:50 PM Friday, Alex Gorbachev wrote:
It's actually separated. I don't remember exactly, but 22% are split
in two - maintenance and support. I don't remember the proportion.
It's *probably* possible to buy only one of them but buying
maintenance without support - there are cases when you need to open an
SR to get a non-public patch.

My knowledge about support pricing is outdated - it's been a while
since I dealt with Oracle sales people.