Re: More on Oracle Support

  • From: Alex Gorbachev <ag@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:50:05 -0400

It's actually separated. I don't remember exactly, but 22% are split in two - maintenance and support. I don't remember the proportion. It's *probably* possible to buy only one of them but buying maintenance without support - there are cases when you need to open an SR to get a non-public patch.

My knowledge about support pricing is outdated - it's been a while since I dealt with Oracle sales people.

On 4-Apr-08, at 10:19 AM, Hemant K Chitale wrote:

I think that it would be good [for us] if Oracle would seperate
Product Support and Update Support.
We certainly want Update Support to continue.
But Product Support could be priced based on a combination of
a) Number of Calls (Incidents)
b) Complexity of Calls

There is [or used to be ?] an "Incident Support" option but
that doesnt differentiate by complexity / nature of calls.

Hemant K Chitale