RE: More Support woes!

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rjoralist3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 15:01:51 -0500

Hmm?

I don't quite get the problem with abuse.

You declare a problem a month ago. You set the severity. Last month it was
not a big deal, but you wanted it fixed because you needed it to work for a
deliverable due in two weeks - from a month ago.

Worse, of course, if someone released some code you checked back into
somewhere where the code works but triggers an Oracle misbehavior.

Now it is a big deal, and spending any time at all above the bear minimum to
bump up the severity should not be tolerated.

The control on severity increase is the corresponding effort the filer of
the SR signs up for. The control on escalation is getting the company's file
at Oracle pock marked with inappropriate escalations. People who want to be
taken seriously about urgency are circumspect about what they escalate.