Monitoring of standby databases in em12c

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 11:54:35 +0000

Hi all

While I do the exchange of updates dance with support (18 days and
counting) ! Does anyone have Oracle 11.2 databases with physical standby
databases monitored with EM 12.1.0.4 and the 12.1.0.6 database plugin?

Our setup is producing a significant number of "events without incidents"
in Incident Manager. The events are metric collection error events where
the agent tries to collect metrics when the database is not open and runs
into ORA-01219  (database not open). Whilst we don't get incidents for
these, our standing instructions for operations staff tell them to review
all open metric evaluation errors on the basis that we shouldn't get any.
When the screens are full of rubbish this makes picking up genuine
misconfigurations somewhat challenging. My question then is do other people
observe the same behaviour? If you do the out of the box incident
management view "Events without incidents" will be full of these errors.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA