RE: Monitoring Port 1521

  • From: "Marquez, Chris" <cmarquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dan.looby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 16:57:00 -0400

>> Oracle and the DBA worked may hours attempting this
>> could not get multiple listeners at different security levels working

Interesting will not work "on the same server"?

How about this.
Set up a listener on another server-X with different security levels.
Have the/your database on server-Y "register" with the remote listener on
server-X.

Metalink has steps on setting "remote listener" up...little painful but maybe...

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA