Re: Monitoring Oracle RDS

  • From: Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: michaelw436@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 09:23:12 +0000

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 3:58 PM, Michael Wehrle <michaelw436@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
> So, it looks like OEM is available, either inside of RDS, or outside using
> a plugin, but it requires the diagnostics pack to be of any use, which
> requires at least SE for AWR functionality. I need to clarify that this RDS
> instance is a "License Included" SE1 instance, so AWR isn't even turned on.
> At this point, I am looking for a solution that doesn't require AWR, and
> possibly mimics it. So are there any agent-less monitoring tools out there
> that does this? I know of Tanel's Session Snapper script, but I would have
> to build some mechanism around it to make my own AWR of sorts, since its an
> ad-hoc tool.

Hi Michael,

You can try to implement S-ASH (https://github.com/pioro/orasash) to
monitor your SE instance - in typical installation it require a additional
repository but I know people who implement it
on monitored database only. Unfortunately there is no GUI yet.

You can find list of other options here -
http://dboptimizer.com/2011/01/12/best-oracle-peformance-tools/

regards,

--
Marcin Przepiorowski