RE: Miss Bamima

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 09:29:43 -0400

Are the number of "concurrent users" values you quote the values you're
using to decide values for the init.ora, or which pre-canned init.ora to
activate?

If so, the formula you're using is either not allocating enough shared pool
for a create or is reserving too much shared pool for the wrong purpose.
There should be an init0 <-- last char is a zero laying around somewhere
that contains decent values for the create. All you should change in the
copy you use are things that you need different that are permanently stamped
on the database. Okay, 8.1.7, from old memory, stuff like character set,
block size, maximum number of instances (Oracle Parallel Server), and you
can look up the full set.

mwf