RE: Migration Project: MSSQL to Oracle

  • From: "Bobby Curtis - ACE" <curtisbl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 22:03:10 -0400

Hans,

The gateway for SQL Server is not free, that stinks!  Now the question is,
will the utilization of a gateway be picked up in the database under
DBA_FEATURE_USAGE (something like that) view.  I know that Oracle has
started using the feature usage views to track how many times a feature is
used.    If it is tracked, then gateways cannot be used to solve the problem
of a free migration tool.  Does anyone know if the migration workbench is
free?  I found this related to migrating SQL Server with the migration
workbench in SQL Developer
(http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/tutorials/obe/db/hol08/sqldev_m
igration/mssqlserver/migrate_microsoft_sqlserver_otn.htm); however, it
doesn’t show a cost, if any, for the workbench.

-Bobby