Re: Migration Project: MSSQL to Oracle

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 17:30:30 -0600

Oracle Gateway for SQL Server is a standard part of Oracle Database, downloaded as one of the seven download files. Installation and deployment is quite easy, and I don't believe there is any additional license cost; of course you'll want to check that to be certain.

The gateway allows you to query tables in SQL Server over Oracle database links.

On 5/11/2014 4:59 PM, Nik Tek wrote:
Hi Bobby,

I'm not familiar with Oracle GoldenGate, and I'm not sure it is free to use it.

The requirement is tool should be completely free.

Thank you
Raju

On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 1:35 PM, Bobby Curtis - ACE <curtisbl@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:curtisbl@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Are you looking to write a tool to do the migration? Are you
    prohibited from using Oracle GoldenGate? There are tools that are
    designed to this already, please explain in more detail why you
    want to write a new tool.

    Thanks

    Bobby

    *From:*oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx