Re: Migration Project: MSSQL to Oracle

  • From: Mark Bobak <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "exriscer@xxxxxxxxx" <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>, "niktek2005@xxxxxxxxx" <niktek2005@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 12:59:53 +0000

I was planning to test it.  Sadly, other priorities have been getting in the
way, and I have not had an opportunity to do so, yet.

-Mark

From: Ls Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Monday, May 12, 2014 at 6:37 AM
To: "niktek2005@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:niktek2005@xxxxxxxxx>"
<niktek2005@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:niktek2005@xxxxxxxxx>>
Cc: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: Re: Migration Project: MSSQL to Oracle

I saw this product a couple of months ago, havent tried it myself but I think
Mark Bobak was testing it, or I saw some blog post from him.

http://www.dbvisit.com/products/dbvisit_replicate_real_time_oracle_database_replication/#features

You can even rent it for a few months (not like GoldenGate which you need to
buy perpertual license) during your migration and the price is decent, may be
worth a look.

Thanks

On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 10:16 PM, Nik Tek
<niktek2005@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:niktek2005@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Hi,

I have a question about migrating data from MSSQL and Oracle.

I'm working on a migration project from MSSQL and Oracle.

I have around 1040 tables on source (MSSQL) side, database size could be around
100-300 GB.

I would have to do this operation repeatedly, so I'm thinking of creating it as
a tool (command line based).

Could anyone give me some guidelines on how to achieve it.

* I have already created the destination schema on Oracle(Converted all SPs,
Triggers, Tables, Views, Functions to pl/sql compatibility). I have to migrate
data ONLY between source and destination databases.

Source: MS SQL 2008 R2
Destination: Oracle11g R2

I have used Oracle's SQL Developer Migration Tool, but I'm not sure if I can
bundle it as part of my software, as this tool is going to be free to the
community.

Thank you
NikTekki