Re: Migrating oracle DB from on-prem to GCP

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim.evdbt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx, moustafa_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 09:24:34 -0800

Moustafa,

It would be helpful if you posted the URL of the cited blog article so we can provide informed feedback rather than opinions?

For those who celebrate, have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

-Tim

On 11/24/2021 8:17 AM, Radoulov, Dimitre wrote:

Hello Ahmed,

we have hundreds of (not Oracle) databases on GCP (Google and customer managed).
So far (about two years in production) I don't know of any Google Cloud related issues.
I would recommend that you pay attention to the sizing of the VMs, because the number of vCPUs and the storage capacity have impact on disk and network performance:

cloud.google.com/compute/docs/disks/performance

Regards
Dimitre

On 24/11/2021 17.04, Moustafa Ahmed wrote:
Hello listers

  Anyone willing to share experiences with issues they faced after migrating from on-prem bare metal to GCP compute engines or equivalent virtual platforms ?
  I believe I have come across some article talking about CPU noise phenomenon that happens between virtual boxes …

  So any real life performance issues post migrations are appreciated !

Thank you--