Migrating Infromix 9.4. to Oracle

  • From: "Ravi Madabhushanam" <ravi.madabhushanam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 20:01:44 +0530

Hi ,

OS:RHEL 3
Source: Informix 9.4
Dest: Oracle 10gR1

This is a test setup where, both source & destination are on the same
server. As one of our project requires Informix database to be
migrated to Oracle, we are performing this setup. We can plan the
production migration, only if we can complete this test megration with
out issues.

The major issues i'm facing ...

1. I have downloaded drivers from IBM site & copied the relevent
ifxjdbc.jar to drivers directory. But, whenever i try to connect to
Informix, it is raising an exception
"com.informix.asf.ifxASFException" ... Both the database are on the
same server .. there are no network related issues here-- how to
resolve this-?

2. Now i'm trying to offline capture.. this also giving so many troubles... :(
whenever i try to capture , there are no tables captured in the source
model. I have checked the XML files in
offline_capture/Informix9/sysmaster directory.. all the XML files are
of 63KB. and the contents of all the files are same...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><START><er></er></START>

It seems that there is a problem with creating XML files.

for this there is a metalink note, which says something about
different Code Page on  source & destination machienes. There can be
only one Code page on one system..

Please help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks ,
Ravi.M