RE: Migrating 8i to 9i

  • From: <Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Michael.Kline@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:24:02 -0400

If you are talking about the Oracle features in 9i that aren't there in
8i then migrating in place won't make you "loose" any features.

I feel that the migrate in place is much easier and seamless then the
export/import method that invariably involves additional tweaking.

As far as move data around you could do that as a separate process after
the migrate in-place.  I usually opt not to change too many things at
once. =20