RE: Migrating 3TB size database from HP to AIX, also 9i to 10g.

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 11:55:28 -0400

If the 3T of data is spread across numerous objects I would consider
going back to the first plan but running a series of concurrent exports
into named pipes.  then I could grad these named pipes via a remote copy
(rcp) command into a named pipe on the new server from which I would
start a background imp task.

You are now concurrently exporting and importing and you can run a set
of these job tasks in parallel to reduce total necessary clock time.

-- Mark D Powell --
Phone (313) 592-5148