Re: Migrate users from 10-11

  • From: Norman Dunbar <oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 15:56:37 +0000

Steve,

 > ...We took a datapump extract from Oracle
 > 10, extracted the create user DDL and tried to create the users
 > in Oracle 11 with the password hash however that does not work.

I recently migrated a 9i database to 11g with no problems. I used Toad
to extract a script which looked like:

create user ... identified by values 'lots of hex here' ...

And it worked fine after the import. It's possible you'll need to trun
off case sensitive passwords first though, check your
"sec_case_sensitive_logon" parameter.

I'm not saying it will be that that's making things not work, but it
could be.

Cheers,
Norm.
--