Re: Migrate Oracle WIN32 bit to LINUX 64 bit.

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ag@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 10:40:54 -0700

On 8/1/07, Alex Gorbachev <ag@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Metalink has the answers.
> See Note 430278.1 Can you restore RMAN backups taken on 32-bit Oracle
> with 64-bit Oracle? and then 62290.1 Changing between 32-bit and
> 64-bit Word Sizes.

Thanks Alex.

Those docs don't really give any details on getting th 64 bit backup
restored to the 32 bit machine.

I ran into this problem:
//www.freelists.org/archives/oracle-l/09-2006/msg00495.html

If the database were shutdown cold and copied to the other server,
this would be a non-issue.

RMAN on 32 bit linux could not cope with the archive logs created
on the 64 bit linux box.  Maybe a bug, but I could find nothing to
help at the time I was working on this.

--
Jared Still