RE: Metalink forums - effects of the outsourcing

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 09:21:42 -0500

I've both good and bad luck with MetaLink Forums and TARs.  I remember
back in 97-99 when our main Oracle DBs were on OpenVMS that Kirsten
Dimmick from Oracle Support was always very helpful and insightful.  And
looking back on some of her advice and troubleshooting, I don't think it
was just my greenness with Oracle that caused me to think that.

Employees with talent like that shouldn't be relegated to repeatedly
blogging "RTFM".  I hope for their sake that folks like Kirsten have
moved on to something a little more stimulating or challenging.
Unfortunately for us customers, that sometimes means a drop in service.

Oh we've been serviced alright...

Rich