RE: Metalink Note 330239.1

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <frits.hoogland@xxxxxxxxx>, <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>, <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 08:09:42 -0700

I can confirm the last line of the note:

"In 10.2.0.2,  the threshold is increased to 50MB after regression
tests, so this should be a reasonable and recommended value."

I've been running 10.2.0.2 on AIX 5.3 for 7 months now and have never
seen this error.  I just checked the parameter and it is indeed set to
50M:

NAME                                DESCRIPTION
SYSTEM_VALUE
_kgl_large_heap_warning_threshold   maximum heap size before KGL writes
warnings to the alert log          52428800

I haven't had any problems with this database, so I would agree that 50M
seems to be reasonable and safe based on my limited observations.

Regards,
Brandon