Re: Metalink Fiasco

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 23:47:31 +1100

Andre van Winssen wrote,on my timestamp of 12/11/2009 11:13 PM:

I was not talking about 10.2.0.5 here. I have a 11.2 RDBMS installation, with no separate grid control agent installation on the clusternodes.

Don't know. Im afraid until I receive 11r2 for AIX with grid, I can't comment on that release.

All I have in $ORACLE_HOME/ccr/config is a ccr.properties file which only has lines that are commented out. And there's nothing like a mac or ip address in the files in $ORACLE_HOME/ccr/state.

Is there anything in the doco?

so it's pretty safe to assume that no mac or ip address is sent to oracle ccs.

You can make that assumption.  I don't.
The point I made is that until I see a *complete* list of everything that may or may not be sent, default or not, OCM doesn't touch any of my systems.
Assumptions don't come into this, only facts.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto