Re: Metalink Fiasco

  • From: Andre van Winssen <dreveewee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 11:11:23 +0100

MOS Benefits: "Improved System Stability" .."Faster Problem
Resolution"..errare humanum est

 the output of OCM (Release: 10.3.2.0.0) that it send to oracle is collected
in $ORACLE_HOME/ccr/state. I can see four files on my system, 2 per RAC
database.
The *stat files contains information about feature usage, high water marks
etc. pretty innocent (although I expect a link between "feature usage" and
oracle corp's licensing departement, cq sales)
I can see vip hostnames being sent because they are spfile parameter values
(e.g. *listener) but not any other ip address or mac address. Where did you
see that MAC address is being sent to oracle"

I use OCM in connected mode for my 11.2 test system with OCM 10.3.2. I was
hoping to be able to log SR more quickly using uploaded system
configurations but unfortunately it failed with "Unable to process request
for SERVICE_FETCH_CONFIG_CONTEXT_FOR_SR_DETAILS" in previous metalink and I
haven't been able to create a new SR in MOS.

Anyway, the OCM help output indicates that you can disable any uploading
using the commandline.
$ORACLE_HOME/ccr/bin/emCCR help

Oracle Configuration Manager - Release: 10.3.2.0.0 - Production
Copyright (c) 2005, 2009, Oracle and/or its affiliates.  All rights
reserved.
Please specify a command.
Usage:
    emCCR start| stop| status
    emCCR set collection_interval="[FREQ=MONTHLY | WEEKLY | DAILY]
                              [; BYMONTHDAY=1 to 31, when FREQ is MONTHLY]
                              [; BYDAY=MON to SUN, when FREQ is WEEKLY]
                              [; BYHOUR=0 to 23]
                              [; BYMINUTE=0 to 59]"
             DAILY is the default Frequency.
    emCCR hold | resume
    emCCR [-annotation="annotation string"] collect | upload | getupdates
    emCCR [-verbose] [-register] test
    emCCR register
    emCCR automatic_update on/off
    emCCR enable_target | disable_target
    emCCR upload -diagnostic=SR=Service request number,FILE=Absolute path of
diagnostic package [-restart] [-force]
    emCCR status -diagnostic[=SR=Service request number,FILE=Absolute path
of diagnostic package]
    emCCR clear -diagnostic[=SR=Service request number,FILE=Absolute path of
diagnostic package] [-completed] [-force]
    emCCR update_components [-silent] -staged_dir="Directory containing OCM
packages" | -distribution="OCM installation kit path"
    emCCR help

Andre