Re: Metalink Fiasco

  • From: Bill Ferguson <wbfergus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 07:17:15 -0700

I tend to agree with you on this point. I'm one the admins for our CSI, so I
can see the SR's various people in our organization submit. Quite a few of
them even a novice DBA or Developer could easily figure out, but our
organization is so disorganized there is no tru collaboration or placing of
the best person in the job (this is government work). I might file a couple
SR's each year, but most of my 'Support" (Metalink, et al), is merely
researching or finding patches.

I've setup OCM on the databases I maintain and work on, and then compared
the OCM results with what the Database Grid Control reports, and the results
don't match at all. So, I have absolutely no confidence at all in what OCM
reports, and I simply assume the local Database Control knows a lot more
about the database than OCM does, especially since OCM only seems to be
updated once per day (at least with whatever default settings came with it).

--
-- Bill Ferguson