*Measuring sql performance (elapsed time and scalability) by number of logical reads

  • From: Bernard Polarski <bpolarsk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 04:20:38 -0700 (PDT)

I think you have been a bit short in the problem description.

 You just meant that all the requested data is already in buffer and no
physical read is needed. Thanks but we have no information on the nature of the
sql, the amount of data, the expected goal. Bad or good SQL is a ratio of
these. What if I read one million blocks from my multi gig db block buffer to
return a tiny rowset for the worse ever seen SQL,  it will satisfy your
prerequisite and still be very bad.

 B.Polarski
 http://www.smenu.org