Re: Maximum size for PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 17:47:47 +0000

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 12:24 PM, Guillermo Alan Bort
<cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On the other hand, on windows, you are limited to 2G on the ENTIRE oracle
> process that is PGA + SGA, unless PAE/AWE is used.
>
> On win32 yes, on win64 no - guess which I recommend? <vbg>. In addition you
can't use AWE memory for anything but manually managed buffer cache, so it
doesn't directly help with the PGA at all. AWE is just an ugly hack
like extended memory was and just as useless. The right solution is 64bit
computing.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA