Math Question - with Respect to filesystem Allocatations

  • From: BN <bnsarma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle_L_list <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:48:13 -0400

Greetings

Sorry if this is way off this List:

Working on Storage for Databases,

The  Goal is : how much space should we have to add to make %free 40% for a
given Filesystem

This detail comes from df -k output and or from tablespace free output

I know the following values for a  given FS either from df -k or from
tablespace calcualtion:

Allocated GB
Used GB
Free GB
%USed
%Free

(even though %used and %free values never add for a df -k output)

I need a formula to come up  with a  new Allocation size if %free is at 40%
(which means %used will be at 60%)

Brain is not thinking stright, appreciate your feedback (My math is not
adding up to the xl I have been sent for the new storage required to set all
FS at 40% Free)

--
Regards & Thanks
BN