Materialized view - Prebuilt table

  • From: "Chirag DBA" <chiragdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 13:21:58 -0400

Hi,

I have to create MV on the prebuilt table as have some weird req to
replicate 10g DB on 9i DB. Client migrated to 10g from 9i and want all data
to be replicated till they get satisfied from 10g.

For test, I am creating a table on Master site and creating a same table
with same scripts on Secondary site. MV is created, Refresh is successful
but NO DATA is being transferred.

Sce - 2 - Create a table on Master site, Creating table on Secondary site
with CTAS. MV is created, Refresh is successful but NO DATA is being
transferred.

Sce - 3 - Create a table on Master site. Exported table, imported to
secondary site. MV is created, Refresh is successful WITH DATA.

I was thinking that Export Import is just doing create table and insert data
from the dump file, same way as I do with scripts manually. How does oracle
identifies that this table is not the import of the same table on secondary
site ?

SR is pending, waiting for their reply.

Also, I am restoring whole 9i DB to another machine for test, just curious
if it will work, if I create MV .

--
Cheers,