Re: Materialized View in a RAC Database

  • From: Bradd Piontek <piontekdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: anuragdba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 18:03:59 -0600

Correct me if I'm wrong, but creating a materialized view will create a dbms_job to refresh the mview, which is instance aware, not rac-aware. I think you'd want to make sure you are connected to the 8-cpu instance and create it there.

Anurag Verma wrote:
By the way, the Oracle version I am having is 10.2.0.3 <http://10.2.0.3> on Oracle Clusterware.

On Dec 24, 2007 3:03 PM, Anurag Verma <anuragdba@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:anuragdba@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Is there any way to direct the scheduled run of a Materialized
    view to a specific node in a RAC database?
I have a 6 node RAC database running on Sun Solaris and out of
    that, 1 node is having 8 CPUS whereas all the other nodes
    are having 4 CPUS each.
The Materialized view in question runs every hour, and I would
    like to make it run only on the node which is having 8 CPUS?
Is it possible ? (Using any service or TNS entries or any other
    method) ???

--
    Anurag Verma,
    Database Administrator

--

Anurag Verma,
Database Administrator
ERCOT(Electric Reliability Council of Texas),
Texas 76574

--
Bradd Piontek
piontekdd@xxxxxxxxx