Manually changing existing histograms

  • From: Martin Klier <usn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l (oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 14:18:40 +0200

Dear list,

how can I manually add a bucket to an existing Frequency Based histogram?

I have a FB histogram that has buckets for STATUS=100,99 and 40. But
sometimes the table has thousands of rows with STATUS=0 - but never when
I collect stats. Thus, the plans respectively the access paths are
nonsense for cases in which the cardinality of STATUS=0 would change the
way of life. On the other hand, when there's no STATUS=0 row in the
table, the existence of this status in the histogram would not hurt me.
FYI, I'm talking about very fast queries here, <0.1 secons is the norm.

Thanks a lot in advance
Martin Klier
--
Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk
http://www.usn-it.de