Manual steps in RAC setup ... is it just me?

  • From: "Grant Allen" <Grant.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 09:42:28 +1000

Hi all,

I'm building some RAC "twins" for development and testing, and have =
noticed that if I don't manually build tnsnames.ora and listener.ora, =
the installer fails to create them when creating a clustered instance, =
and everything ends up in a mess.  Is this normal, or am I suffering the =
slings and arrows of outrageous installers?

Details
generic Intel x86 boxes, shared firewire storage, separate NICs for =
public and private.
linux 2.4, modified fedora kernel (from OTN)
oracle 9.2.0.4 32-bit (latest OTN copy)

(The only up-side to this is that I have now built eight clusters in two =
weeks ... I'm feeling less ignorant about the process)

Comments?

Ciao
Fuzzy
:-)