RE: Manual analyze 10g

  • From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pdba1966@xxxxxxxxxxx" <pdba1966@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 17:20:41 +0100

Hy,

In 10gR2 Oracle is automatically creating backups of your cbo stats

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14258/d_stats.htm#i1045150

You can run dbms_stats on the requested table if you don't want to use the
default options, otherwise there is little use in doing this.

In 11g you can speficy which options you want to use for a specific table and
the automatic job will then use those options for that table and the default
options for the other tables.

<shameless plug>
For 9i and 10g I have created a package that allows you to define defaults for
different level (db schema, table, partition, ...).
You can download it here: https://freekdhooge.wordpress.com/analyzethis/
</shameless plug>

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge