RE: Managing developers recommendations

  • From: "Bob Murching" <bob_murching@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brian.peasey@xxxxxxxxx>, <fred_fred_1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 17:05:59 -0400

We also use PL/SQL Developer.  It's *far* less expensive and for 99% of
typical development, it gets the job done.  It even does a few things
better.

We've had some issues with it against 10g databases---suddenly everyone with
PLSQLDEV who tries to compile PL/SQL against a particular instance will get
an ORA-3113 and the only solution we've found is to bounce the instance.
Still need to work out that infrequent but seriously frustrating quirk.