RE: Managing Oracle and SAP projects are similar enough?

  • From: "Parker, Matthew" <matthewp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lambu999@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 23:35:38 -0800

There is a difference between managing and doing. The basic skills to =
manage people or tasks are transferable from one project to another. As =
long as the manager depends on the Technical people to help define and =
execute the plan, yes a good manager can move from an SAP project to a =
Oracle projects without a problem. That is why project management is a =
discipline unto itself. It has nothing to do with what you are project =
managing, but with process, details, communication, and execution of the =
plan. As always, a bad manager can kill a good plan and a good manager =
can normally recover from a disasterous plan. People do matter at every =
level.