Re: Managing CPU_COUNT for micro-partitioning on AIX

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Rich.Jesse@xxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 21:35:46 +0200

Just another point to consider... If I am not mistaken, Oracle behaves
diffirently on "multi-headed" systems versus "single-headed" but I
don't remember whether this is accounted during linking or via
_cpu_count parameter. At least, latching must be different.

2006/6/26, Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxx>:
ANYWAY, does anyone know how Oracle would or should handle the
_CPU_COUNT and the continuously variable CPU allowance?  I still don't
exactly how the APV Hypervisor determines what a tenth of a CPU is, but
I'm thinking that _CPU_COUNT won't take decimals or fractions.  I've
found a possible vague reference to this in licensing at
http://www-03.ibm.com/support/techdocs/atsmastr.nsf/WebIndex/FQ114190
but nothing regarding performance and init.ora parameters.

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

http://blog.oracloid.com