RE: Make trace files with large sql statements available to developers

  • From: "Eric Buddelmeijer" <Eric.Buddelmeijer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Lex de Haan'" <lex.de.haan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Ethan.Post@xxxxxx>, <davidsharples@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 00:16:39 +0100

Ethan, Lex,

Maybe I am overreacting, but I believe I made a reference to AskTom in my
original post. The approach by Tom Kyte is partly working, as is the
approach by Jared Still (links in original post). The problem is that there
are lines in the trace files that exceed the length of a varchar2. And both
approaches do not allow for that. I am looking for a solution for the length
of some lines in the trace files, not for a general solution of transferring
trace files. I have found and tried several. At least that is what I tried
to ask. Probably my way of asking made the question unclear. Can you help me
finding other ways of working around the length problem, short of cutting up
the lines and reassembling them after transfer?

Kind Regards,
Eric.