Re: MView refresh question

  • From: Ilmar Kerm <ilmar.kerm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 20:19:43 +0300

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 7:21 PM, rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here is the link where it mentioned  the limitations ...
> http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/appdev.111/b28424/adfns_cqn.htm#autoId23
>
> Actually dev wanted to use CQN, but with these limitations, we might try
> with dbms_alert instead.

Looks like you can create materialized view log on materialized view
(base table) itself. But you need to purge it manually
(DBMS_MVIEW.PURGE_LOG).

SQL> select container_name, refresh_mode, refresh_method from
user_mviews where mview_name = 'MV_ATH_CASE'

CONTAINER_NAME                 REFRESH_MODE REFRESH_METHOD
------------------------------ ------------ --------------
MV_ATH_CASE                    COMMIT       FAST
1 row selected.

SQL> create materialized view log on mv_ath_case with rowid
Materialized View log created.

SQL> select count(*) from mlog$_mv_ath_case

  COUNT(*)
         0
1 row selected.

SQL> update ath_case set description='Testimiseks' where id=3565
1 row updated.

SQL> commit
Commit complete.

--