MSDAORA.DLL (Microsoft OLE DB For Oracle) Connectivity Question

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <Chris.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 13:58:19 -0600

We have a VB app using MSDAORA.DLL that doesn't seem to be disconnecting
from the DB even though we have a connection close command in the VB
program.

Any of you seen something like this?  We're eating up our "OPEN_CURSOR"
count for this session as it process a lot of events and then finally
errors out.

I really think the problem is that the "OpenConnection" command from VB
isn't getting sucessfully closed and reconnected.

Thoughts?

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company