Re: MS Server book

  • From: Paul Drake <discgolfdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 09:03:38 -0700 (PDT)

--- M Rafiq <rafiq9857@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dennis,

> 1)Oracle 9i for Windows 2000 Tips and Techniques.
> This covers a lot of Windows stuff for Oracle.

Yes, I used it quite a bit, the Jr. DBA has my copy
these days.

> 2)Windows Server 2000 or 2003 by Mark Minasi. This
> is a good book covering
> most of Windows Server related stuff as explained by
> Bob.

sorry.
I can't let this one go by.

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/0,39020330,39159290,00.htm

Its one thing to have to work with MS operating
systems. Its quite another to recommend texts
published by those who would fuel the spread of FUD to
the populace and the media. Please read the above
articles and consider retracting your recommendation.

thanks,

Paul