RE: MBA for database people

  • From: "Freeman, Donald" <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 11:05:52 -0400

I did a Masters in Public Administration (MIS) and am working in state =
government as a DBA. I can say it helped me in the hiring process as a =
(+) factor and may in the future help me during promotion consideration =
to DBA Supervisor. I also was able to interview and qualify for a =
Director of Information Techology position.  I'm on the list and receive =
open position listings however I have about run out of energy and =
ambition for that demanding of job and have not posted for any of them.  =
I haven't had to wear a tie in the 18 months here and don't miss it.   I =
am getting some satisfaction out of my DBA position although, frankly, =
it is a bit too slow. I have taken Carey and Jeff's advice to heart... =
If nobody is complaining don't mess with it.  That's why I have plenty =
of time to monitor this list.  =20