Re: Lunch: I'm a DBA - ask me anything

  • From: Mark Bobak <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 14:37:02 +0000

"What's the most challenging problem you've faced, be it a complex database
recovery, a difficult performance problem, etc?"

-Mark

From: Jeremy Schneider
<jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Tuesday, May 6, 2014 at 10:23 AM
To: Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: Lunch: I'm a DBA - ask me anything

We've got these dba lunch meetups going in Chicago and we tried something new
last week. Started lunch by "introducing" one of the members. The interviewee
answers a few questions, and we keep the discussion around each question to a
few minutes. Fun way to start lunch and there was still plenty of time for the
usual techy chatter afterwards.

My question for this (oracle-l) list: if you could ask a DBA anything, what
would you ask?

Here are the four questions we've used so far:
1. how'd you get started with the oracle db?
2. what's the most interesting system or application you've worked on in your
career?  can you tell us a bit about the architecture?
3. who's your #1 influencer, mentor, or author?
4. what's the #1 thing you need to learn so you'll still have a job in 5-10
years?

BTW - lunch is in deerfield today, schaumburg tomorrow and downtown next
wednesday.  Just in case anyone is interested in joining.  :)

-J

--
http://about.me/jeremy_schneider