Lost connection on RAC db

  • From: Alex Cwb <ab80cwb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 17:41:21 -0300

Hi,
In am in doubt if my Rac db is configured correctly.

I have an Oracle Application Server (forms server) and all users open the
application through this. The connection is established from the OAS to the
Rac db using Scan-IP + DNS.
I want to monitor the behavior of one session for example. When I check in
which Rac instance the connection is being handled, lets say Node 1 ... and
later for some reason this node goes down. What happen is that the user
loses the conection and it needs to re-connect to the app in order to use
again.

Is that correct this behavior??
I remember some Oracle presentations when a connection trought Sqlplus is
opened directly to the Rac db, and later that node goes down. As soon
as Oracle detects what happened, that sqlplus connection is "transfered" to
the other node (to be handled by another node), and to the user is almost
transparent, except the little time that kind of "freezes" the connection.

What can I do in order to have the same behavior using OAS as middletier??
Is it normal to have this behavior in environment?

 Using Oracle Rac 11g R2 and OAS 10.1.2.3, both on HP-UX.

Thank you.
Alex