RE: Looking for suggestions...

  • From: "Justin Cave" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 07:28:22 -0600

I am assuming that we are talking about application authenticated users
here, rather than Oracle database users, so there is a table with user
names, lock status, etc.

I would create a trigger on PSOPRDEFN that fires when ACCTLOCK is set to 1
and schedules a job (via dbms_job) to unlock that account after 30 minutes.

Justin Cave
Distributed Database Consulting, Inc.
http://www.ddbcinc.com/askDDBC