Looking for pointers in troubleshooting -> RAC performance degradation (single instance is fine)

  • From: "Pradeep Chetal" <Pradeep.Chetal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 08:28:51 -0500

Folks,

We have an app that is running well in single instance but when put on a
2-node or 3-node RAC, we see pretty much similar performance. However,
if the CPU time is 55-60% in single instance, it becomes 20% in 3-node
RAC and top-5 itmed events become..

"gc buffer busy", "gc current block busy", "enq: TX- index contention

Any help in what to look for will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-- Pradeep

Pradeep Chetal
Sr. Director - Infrastructure Architecture

Mformation Technologies Inc.
Switchboard: +1 732 692 6200

Visit WWW.MFORMATION.COM and see how the MFORMATION SERVICE MANAGER can help
you to transform your business

confidential and subject to the Mformation Confidentiality  policy statement,
you may request a copy by emailing info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

image/com