RE: Looking for folks that have had a positive experience with OWB

  • From: Herald ten Dam <Herald.ten.Dam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 11:43:06 +0200

A long time ago I worked on a project with Oracle Owb 10. After looking at the
tool and looking at the people avaiblable that moment, we took the decission
that the business people made the mappings in OWB (after just a midday of
training first). Just the mappings, they did not the generation. If they were
ready, they mentioned it to the developer, sometimes the DBA. These persons
made the generation and optimized the code generated. This worked great.

If the Business Analysts didn't get the mapping, they asked a developer to
support them. Sometimes we need an function programmed for this, the developer
did, put it in OWB and the Business Analyst coud use it.

The initial setup is essential for a later deplyment into production. We made
two OWB repositories, one development/test and one for acceptance/production.
This worked very well.

Herald ten Dam
Superconsult